My husband and I were blessed to welcome a new baby boy, Hadwin Lee, on Christmas Eve. It's true what they say, that a baby changes everything. Looking ahead and planning for the new year looks a lot different now than before.
Don't get me wrong, I am more than excited and happy to experience all of the things ahead, but there are also small fears and a slight anxiousness.
You may not have a new baby, but you may be able to relate to this too. Maybe there are a lot of "firsts" for you as well. If this speaks to you, I'm sharing with you my list of how I'd like to embrace the adventurous year ahead:
My Seven for '17
1. Take Time to Rest - This isn't more sleep, although I could use more of it these days...it's more about listening to my body and taking a break when needed.
2. Watch Less TV - More snuggles, more board games and more quality conversations.
3. Give More Grace - To others and to myself.
4. Make Time for Play - Space to explore, create and play without a defined agenda for balance and breakthroughs.
5. Pray Throughout the Day - I can't do this on my own, but "I can do all things through Him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)
6. Be Present Over Perfect - It's the title of a recent book I've picked up (which we will be carrying in the store soon) which rallies the attitude of embracing the here and now.
7. Practice Thankfulness - For not just the big things, but all the little things that I easily forget in the day-to-day.
Have a goal set for the new year or is there something on the list we should have included? Share it with us in the comments below.